Sunday 27 March 2011

Research - Fantasy Landscapes



Steve pointed me in the direction of this one. Am, assuming the images on this site are mostly HDR? Not a huge fan of HDR to be honest (keep meaning to have a dabble but never seem to get around to it!) but I think in this context it works really well, certainly could see it working in a fantasy landscape. Anyway there's a reason Steve sent me the link, last session we were discussing urban exploration. It's something I've always wanted to do but never had the nerve (mainly because it seems to involve breaking and entering and I doubt a criminal record would do much for my teaching career!) Sue jestingly suggested we find a site and pretend to be buyers, cracking idea but not sure that's the point! Did have a tenuous google and identified a couple of potential sites but may have to find a legal way of getting in... Am an avid follower of the exploits of others though and 28 days later has to be my favourite website ever. I love the post apocalyptic feel of the images but the best are those that contrast this with an incongruous element: splashes of colour, a crisp packet... something that doesn't belong...


1 comment:

  1. Wow! I think you've really hit the mark here!!! Very surreal and edgy. Nice.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete