Tuesday 7 June 2011

Experimentation: Cyanotypes from Digital Negatives

Had half an hour to kill when I got back from work today so thought I'd make the most of the momentary sunshine and quickly develop some prints from the digital negatives I made the other day. Same process as before. Stored the sun-print paper in my changing bag, until I was ready to use it, then placed a digital negative directly onto the surface. Placed a piece of perspex on top to keep the image in place and left for 2 minutes (not quite as sunny!) to expose. I then removed the negative and placed the sun-paper in a bowl of water. Transferred to a towel to dry. Am really surprised at how well these came out! There was a lot more detail in the figures than I was expecting. Now I just need to work out how I'm actually going to utilise this technique in a fantasy landscape image..



No comments:

Post a Comment