Sunday 5 June 2011

Experimentation: Digital Negatives

To make my own digital negatives I ‘followed’ the instructions given on this site. I selected four of the images I have been working on recently, converted to black and white and then tweaked the settings slightly to maximise contrast. I then used the invert tool to achieve a negative image. Found the print settings on my printer somewhat difficult to negotiate – certainly share no similarities with the settings given on the website. Did my best to select the correct options: increase density etc then printed onto inkjet transparency film. Looking at the results I suspect the feather will work best as a contact print. I’ve been unable to test this out yet as typically the weather is now overcast and cloudy so I have no sunlight to develop with! Back to work tomorrow, so playtime is essentially over, and I still don’t have an image I’m entirely happy with… starting to feel somewhat gloomy about this project again… would be nice to finish on a high!


No comments:

Post a Comment