Sunday 15 May 2011

Experimentation: More Layering

Having a quiet weekend, other half working, so I've carried on fiddling! Started with the basic blurry feet shot and added a watery layer. This is way more subtle than yesterdays efforts, I felt it needed to be less busy if I wanted to add flowers to it. Unfortunately the images I took yesterday don't really work but posting this anyway as it's a work in progress and demonstrates the problems I'm having quite nicely! I took the flower shots with flash ( feet were taken using natural light) and the colours are just too brash - didn't desaturate well either. I didn't bother finishing as I knew I'd have to re-shoot the flowers. Was quite happy with the effect of the shadows: used the lasso tool to cut out and tweaked using 'refine edge' in order to create a nice blurry shadow that wouldn't require too much tweaking when pasted. Touched up any rogue areas with the eraser tool, changing opacity where necessary. I then changed the refine edge settings on the flower to give me a crisper edge and added as a new layer. Decided I would need to re-shoot the flowers using deeper water (theory being the feet are under water so I need more depth for accurate shadows) but then found with the water deeper the shadows are miles away and don't have quite the same nice effect! Realism/artistic license dilemma beckons! Shall have a play and see what happens...



No comments:

Post a Comment