Saturday 14 May 2011

Experimentation: Playing with Layers

Really like images that are quite distorted, blurry and out of focus... remind me why I'm bothering to do a photography course! Took this one the other day - not particularly complicated just feet ceilingwards and snap at a slow shutter speed whilst moving... rather liked the effect though and thought I would have a play with it. Used the TTV image I took in Perry Wood the other week and just added it as a new layer. Desaturated and tweaked to achieve subtle detail. Never one to leave anything alone I then decided to add water (that would be the Hockney swimming pool influence!) Took another shot of my feet in water and applied this as a new layer... bit of a faff as was difficult to achieve the level of detail I wanted in the water without completely losing the detail in the feet... also lightenend it up a bit as the final result seemed a little dark. Was initially planning to add my copier flowers (have bunged these on flickr - link to the right of this post) and also took images of the flowers in water to check shadows but seemed a bit busy so discarded... may well revisit this later!





No comments:

Post a Comment